Halloween pumpkin carvers – don’t toss out the guts! Make use of those leftover pumpkin seeds with this delicious recipe.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are a healthy and delicious snack that often gets tossed out with the garbage.
Here’s how to roast pumpkin seeds:
2. Soak the pumpkin seeds in salt water (brine) for about half an hour.
3. Drain the brine from the pumpkin seeds using a strainer.
4. Place seeds into large bowl and coat with a small amount of olive oil.
5. Add the following seasoningss to the bowl and mix until seeds are evenly coated:
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt or meat tenderizer
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
6. Spray some Pam or other non-stick spray onto a large cookie sheet.
7. Take seeds and spread them evenly on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until seeds are lightly toasted.
Cool and serve!
***This article was contributed by Chrystle Poss a.k.a. “Survival Girl”, Owner of this Survival Blog and devoted Prepper. She has been writing articles on survival and emergency preparedness since 2006. You can find her work on various websites and publications.***